Thursday, July 28, 2011

La ciudad

Today I walked around what seemed like the whole city! My feet hurt a lot. The day began with orientation at OLE; we had a two hour Spanish class about getting around in the city. I then returned home for la comida, which is at 2:30. Normally I will have my TESL class in the morning, return home for la comida, and then return to school for Spanish classes in the afternoon. Today when we went back to OLE we were given a tour around the city. 







Finally, we were given a "mexican pal" who could show us around the city and practice Spanish with. My Spanish friend was very helpful, but his Spanish was very difficult to understand! I'm not sure why, maybe he speaks a different dialect, or maybe he just talks too fast! I wanted to buy a soccer jersey for Queretaro's team, Los Gallos. I didn't buy one today because they didn't have my size, but I will try a different store tomorrow. After walking everywhere and seeing so many neat buildings, resturants, and streets, we finally arrived at los arcos. Look at the pictures of los arcos below, the view was very beautiful!




2 comments:

  1. What's the name of the church, Morgan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the name.. but, I will look the next time I walk by it!

    ReplyDelete