Sunday, August 21, 2011

Final week of class!

This week was my last week of my classes! The past three weeks I have had class everyday for either 7 or 8 hours, so I have been really busy. On Tuesday I will start my practicum working in a university classroom at a school called Liceo. I have class Monday-Thursday from 4pm-8pm. This means no school on Fridays!! I am really looking forward to start working with my students!

My class with our teacher, Sharany, the best Spanish teacher I have had!

Our conversation class with our teacher, Rafael. Such a fun group of people!

For my TESL class we worked on preparing a 4 hour lesson plan that we would teach real students. This is my classroom of beginner English learners. They were so eager to learn. Many of them work in the tourist industry. The older man in the front is learning English so that he can talk to his grandchildren! Working with actual students reminds me of why I want to be an English teacher!

My friends Nacho and Rachael! 


On Friday we had a party at our school to celebrate our completion of our classes and to welcome the new students who came for the practicum.  We ate delicious food, had a pinata, learned some salsa moves, and enjoyed ourselves. The people who work at my school are all incredible people. After the fiesta a lot of my friends and I went to Karaoke with our Mexican friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment